CHC Anime/Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything But Vampire Literature Please

3 posters

Go down

Everything But Vampire Literature Please Empty Everything But Vampire Literature Please

Post  Deejay Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:05 am

I have read some great books on vampires but I wonder about werewolves and the other creatures. What are some awesome books you have read that you would suggest to others.

Bitten
Blood and Chocolate sunny
Deejay
Deejay

Back to top Go down

Everything But Vampire Literature Please Empty Re: Everything But Vampire Literature Please

Post  Raccoon_Rigby Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:07 am

The Harry Potter Saga lol Smile
The Demonata; I'm currently reading it and it's freaking amazing!
Frankenstein is pretty good too
Raccoon_Rigby
Raccoon_Rigby

http://potcfreak100.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Everything But Vampire Literature Please Empty Harry Potter is a given

Post  Deejay Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:12 am

Of course Harry Potter is the epic wizard of my childhood. farao
Deejay
Deejay

Back to top Go down

Everything But Vampire Literature Please Empty Re: Everything But Vampire Literature Please

Post  Wulfin Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:14 am

Raccoon_Rigby wrote:The Harry Potter Saga lol Smile
The Demonata; I'm currently reading it and it's freaking amazing!
Frankenstein is pretty good too

I got the Demonata Series on my ebook reader and its pretty good. =3 I'm only half a chapter in but it flows well just like Harry Potter does. I'm excited to get farther in! =D

Suggestions, suggestions.

A song of Ice and Fire
, by George R.R. Martin. It is the best selling fantasy series in...everywhere right now I think. It's the new lord of the rings. There are going to be seven books I think. It is the best piece of fantasy I've ever read. Maybe not my favorite, but the author is the greatest genius at storytelling and character creation I've ever read.

Patricia Briggs. She is the author of the best werewolf stories I've ever read. :0 It follows Mercedes Thompson, who is a shapeshifting fox raised by a wolfpack, who is a mechanic, and her strugges with the fae and wolf packs around her. It's good. Nicely worded and easy to read.

The Night Angel Trilogy: Probably one of my favorite fantasy series ever. It's not the best written, but dear god does it have cool stuff in it. If ever there were a book written like a game/anime this would be it. Assassins with magical jewels that give them great power kind of like in final fantasy. just....crazy stuff. It's awesome. The ending left me wanting, but overall it was great.

Abarat, by Cliver Barker. It's a series about Candy Quackenbush (lol) Who is just an average girl. She finds her way into this place called the abarat and madness insues. multi headed, mutli personality creatures become her friends, pyramids full of evil, each island in the abarat is named after a position on a clock, 1 o'clock, 12' oclock. Etc. It's really good.

The DragonLance series. There are a few in this too. Pretty much it was started after a couple of chicks ran a Dungeons and Dragons campaign and decided to write about their characters. Basically a band of heroes has to save the world. There is this evil/netural/good/whoknows? Guy whose name is Raistlin and he's tormented and a mage and is awesome. It's pretty good. =3

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Basically this guy gets a disease...I think it was leperosy or something, and is shunned by everyone. His wife leaves him, and the townspeople vew him as a freak. He ends up in another world where he is supposed to be a saviour, but he isn't your typical hero. He makes TERRIBLE choices and hurts people. It's a dark series that twists the normal concepts of a hero.

I'm sure there are more, but I've got a midterm I need to study for. XD I better calm down.

Wulfin
Wulfin

Back to top Go down

Everything But Vampire Literature Please Empty Took me a bit but I compiled this list of novels I read

Post  Deejay Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:41 am

Here are the Werewolf Novels I have read in the last three years that I thought were good:

Kelley Armstrong: Bitten, Stolen, Broken, Frostbitten.
Martin Millar: Lonely Werewolf Girl
Stuart Hill: The Icemark Chronicles
Stephen Cole: Wereling Trilogy: Wounded, Prey, Resurrection
Cynthia Smith: Tantalize
David Wellington: Frostbite, Overwinter
Annette Curtis Klause: Blood and Chocolate
Ray Garton: Bestial, Ravenous
Troy Tradup: The Forsaken Boy
Carrie Vaughn: Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty Goes to Washington, Kitty Takes a Holiday, Kitty and the Silver Bullet, Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand, and Kitty Raises Hell
Patricia Briggs: Moon Called, Blood Bound, Iron Kissed and Bone Crossed.
Alice Borchardt Anne Rice’s sister: The Silver Wolf, Night of the Wolf, The Wolf King.
Christopher Golden: Prowlers
Jim Butcher: Dresden Files: Fool Moon , Summer Knight
Brian P. Easton: Autobiography of a Werewolf Hunter Book one and Heart of Scars Book
Eileen Wilks: World of the Lupi series
Rodman Philbrick & Lynn Harnett: The Werewolf Chronicles
James Patterson: Maximum Ride series
Darren Shan: The Demonata series
Cheri Scotch: The Werewolf's Kiss, The Werewolf's Touch, The Werewolf's Sin
Whitley Strieber: The Wild
John Skipp & Craig Spector: Animals
Melanie Tem: Wilding
Tanya Huff: Blood Trail
Nancy Collins: Wild Blood
Wayne Smith: Thor
Skyla Cameron: River
Jez Rix: Peter and the Wolf
Lorne Dixon: Snarl .
Patrick Jennings: The Wolving Time
Nicky Charles: The Mating, The Keeping, The Finding
Derek Rush: Where Devils Dwell
Greg Cox: Underworld: Blood Enemy
D. L. Fairchild: Circle of Dogs
Patricia Windsor: The Blooding
Michael Cavendish: Werewolf - The First Chronicle
James A. Moore: Werewolf: Hell-Storm
Steven King: Cycle of The Werewolf
Holly Lisle: Diplomacy of Wolves
Stephen Cole: Prey, Wounded and Resurrected
George WM Reynolds: Wagner the Werewolf
Deejay
Deejay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum