What is your least favorite anime?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is your least favorite anime?

Post  JojoMon91CombustableEngie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:04 am

Mine is Saikano (I have the DVD right in my house)

The reason why this is my least favorite anime is because it was way too sad and the ending just kinda stunk. I like shows that are sad, but mainly have something educational or interesting. The story is about a guy named Shuji who tries to cooperate with his girlfriend Chise because of the army's idea to replicate her into a superweapon for the war. This show kinda got sappy and somewhat dragged the war theme into a bit of a talespin to the point where the story wasn't as good as I thought and that
Spoiler:
everyone that Shuji and Chise dies except for the main characters and their earth gets destroyed because of the girl's superweaponal powers that she uses to defeat the invaders.
. It just became a mess in my opinion and went nowhere. Go figure. There were some decent moments in the anime, but other than that, to me it wasn't something like Gurren Lagann or Midori Days. Sure the war theme is a nice touch, but it didn't quite interested me the fact that I never got to learn about what they were fighting for.

Now it's your turn to tell me what is your least favorite anime! Very Happy

Have fun! - JojoMonCombustableEngie

Last edited by JojoMon91CombustableEngie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because I wanted to put more stuff in the spoilers part. I also wanted to make sure that I followed the rules to what the spoilers needed since I didn't want to mess that up again)
JojoMon91CombustableEngie
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is your least favorite anime?

Post  raharu on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 am

Please refrain from posting spoilers. Be mindful that some may have not seen the anime yet. Post has been edited with spoiler tags.

If you wish to post information with spoilers, please use spoiler tags, which can used as such (Done without spaces in the brackets): [ spoiler]Text goes here.[/spoiler ]"

If done correctly:
Spoiler:
It should look like this.
raharu
Administrator, Chief Editor
Administrator, Chief Editor

View user profile http://www.raharush.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JojoMon91CombustableEngie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:28 am

raharu wrote:Please refrain from posting spoilers. Be mindful that some may have not seen the anime yet. Post has been edited with spoiler tags.

If you wish to post information with spoilers, please use spoiler tags, which can used as such (Done without spaces in the brackets): [ spoiler]Text goes here.[/spoiler ]"

If done correctly:
Spoiler:
It should look like this.
Ok. Thanks for telling me. I shall update it.
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan.oliveros on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Inuyasha.
The reason being is because I actually LOVED this anime until I have watched the last episode. There were no resolution...which makes me felt like I watched it all for no reason.

Then again, I just realized they continued it again. They called it: Inuyasha The Final Act.
I plan in watching it...sooner or later...I just don't feel like watching it right now at the moment cause I want to finish other animes...and there's a list too...so yeah.
jonathan.oliveros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sento0 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:36 am

My least favorite anime and I am going to get a lot of haters against me, but it is One Piece/Naruto, there is no way for me to choose one of the other, I despise them both equally. Naruto is annoying has heck and same thing with Luffy, the Animation style in One piece is so hard to look at it makes me eyes burn, while Naruto the character designs are awful, the only cool one in one piece is the dude with the swords and the only cool one in Naruto is Kakashi. Both of the story lines are kind of blah to me and I am just a huge hater against them.
Sento0
Treasurer
Treasurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 am

I have to agree that Saikano was terribly sad. Way to sad to be entertaining. XD To bring up a conversation had during club earlier however, I think Super Milk Chan is my least favorite.

Why? The plot was incomprehensible and dumb. The character was annoying and it was just overall bad. No
Wulfin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deejay on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 am

jonathan.oliveros wrote:Inuyasha.
The reason being is because I actually LOVED this anime until I have watched the last episode. There were no resolution...which makes me felt like I watched it all for no reason.

Then again, I just realized they continued it again. They called it: Inuyasha The Final Act. I plan in watching it...sooner or later...I just don't feel like watching it right now at the moment cause I want to finish other animes...and there's a list too...so yeah.

I couldn't agree more, I felt they extended it too long and character resolution never came to a front. Miroku and Sango never really evolved, they just changed suddenly.
Deejay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Awesome...

Post  Deejay on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:23 am

I think my least favorite was Sailor Moon. I never could get into it. Sad It seemed cheaply made and while interesting, when I was little I hated how Usagi cried. The English version b*stardized the plot so much that the original script and plot was altered just enough to ruin the original intention cutting out anything mention gays or lesbian relationships. I am not sure why this annoys me, maybe because the Japanese version was pretty cool without it changing so much (in my own opinion.)

Its a funny show to make fun of or talk about but I never got into the anime.
Deejay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JojoMon91CombustableEngie on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:42 am

Deejay wrote:I think my least favorite was Sailor Moon. I never could get into it. Sad It seemed cheaply made and while interesting, when I was little I hated how Usagi cried. The English version b*stardized the plot so much that the original script and plot was altered just enough to ruin the original intention cutting out anything mention gays or lesbian relationships. I am not sure why this annoys me, maybe because the Japanese version was pretty cool without it changing so much (in my own opinion.)

Its a funny show to make fun of or talk about but I never got into the anime.
That's understandable there Deejay. The dubbing that DIC first did was goofy at times. I can understand that cause they were responsible for Super Mario Bros Super Show and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (and the later Sonic series, including the least favorite of mine, Sonic SATAM). Trust me, I love the parodies taht Sailor Moon got when it came down to the premises and such. XD
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TickleMeBender77 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Out of all the anime I have ever seen, probably my least favorite would have to be BoBoBo. Now I like random, out-of-control, messed-up s**t, but BoBoBo just gave me a headache every time I watch it. scratch
TickleMeBender77
President
President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JojoMon91CombustableEngie on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:28 pm

TickleMeBender77 wrote:Out of all the anime I have ever seen, probably my least favorite would have to be BoBoBo. Now I like random, out-of-control, messed-up s**t, but BoBoBo just gave me a headache every time I watch it. scratch

Bobobo-bobobo WAS supposed to be random. It was funny to me, but I can see why the show can get annoying. I mean, Randomness can be funny, but after a while, it can hurt many brain cells.

To tell you the truth, the show that I saw on Friday, Kodocha, it was ok, though the main character's talking and hyperactive personality didn't help much when I got a headache through the dialogue. Bobobo-bobo does that sometimes, though there were some good moments at times. Kodocha is funny, but after a while I just felt the anime was kinda getting monotonous for the 2nd episode and I just wanted to take a rest from the English Dub of the show since I just learned that the Japanese dub of that show is so tame. I also felt that the whole "boys attacking the teachers" just felt like it was something that would turn into a damn "Mcguffin" like plot device over and over again (I do feel sorry for the teachers really). So sorry if I didn't like it, but like Bobobo-bobo it can get pretty annoying if your characters talk way too fast and people can't understand what the dialogue or script is saying. Embarassed
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TickleMeBender77 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:29 pm

[quote="JojoMon91CombustableEngie"]
TickleMeBender77 wrote:To tell you the truth, the show that I saw on Friday, Kodocha, it was ok, though the main character's talking and hyperactive personality didn't help much when I got a headache through the dialogue. Bobobo-bobo does that sometimes, though there were some good moments at times. Kodocha is funny, but after a while I just felt the anime was kinda getting monotonous for the 2nd episode and I just wanted to take a rest from the English Dub of the show since I just learned that the Japanese dub of that show is so tame. I also felt that the whole "boys attacking the teachers" just felt like it was something that would turn into a damn "Mcguffin" like plot device over and over again (I do feel sorry for the teachers really). So sorry if I didn't like it, but like Bobobo-bobo it can get pretty annoying if your characters talk way too fast and people can't understand what the dialogue or script is saying. Embarassed

Actually, without spoiling too much, things get better in Kodocha by around episode 4.
TickleMeBender77
President
President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top