CHC Anime/Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite videogame music?

5 posters

Go down

What is your favorite videogame music? Empty What is your favorite videogame music?

Post  JojoMon91CombustableEngie Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:50 am

You know, many composers who do videogame music have done some great work composing, compromising, and creating many songs that people will remember for many generations (and I'm using it appropriately here since it fits). These include Super Mario Bros to Legend of Zelda to Sonic the Hedgehog to Spyro the Dragon to Crash Bandicoot and so on and so on.

Here is my favorite tracks from various video games:

Metropolis by David Bergeaud from Ratchet and Clank 1What is your favorite videogame music? Ratchet-and-Clank

Rock Slide/Rub A Dub Dub Slip Slide in the Tub/Smelly Knick Knacks by Timothy J. Borquez & Mark Howlett from Spongebob Squarepants the Movie Videogame
What is your favorite videogame music? Sbmoviegame

Alice: Madness Returns Theme by Chris Vrenna
What is your favorite videogame music? 215876-1

I shall update more in the near future. But do please on what themes you like from your favorite videogames! Smile
JojoMon91CombustableEngie
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite videogame music? Empty Re: What is your favorite videogame music?

Post  Sento0 Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:23 am

Okay, the best music in my opinion came from the Gens and Snes days, though there are still good music you can't top these picks, again in my opinion

Sonic 3: Ice Cap Zone Act 1

Donkey Kong Country 2: Sticker Brush Symphony

Zelda Link to the past: Forest Theme

Vector Man: Stages 1/6

These are me favorites
Sento0
Sento0
Treasurer
Treasurer

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite videogame music? Empty Re: What is your favorite videogame music?

Post  raharu Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:16 am

I'll have to agree with Alex that a lot of good music came from the golden age of gaming.

SNES favorites that I can remember off the top of my head at the moment:

(Used to sit at the map screen for ages listening to this.)

(Very underrated piece, if you ask me.)

(Stickerbush Symphony, while amazing, always overshadows this piece, which I believe is one of the best from this game.)

(There's nothing to say other than Schala's Theme is brilliant.)

(If you don't know this piece, I feel sorry for you. VERY Sorry.)

Random current music:

(Microwave Hallway. One of the most powerful, tragic scenes I've witnessed.)

(When this song came on during Act 5 of MGS4, I cried. I remembered playing Metal Gear Solids over a decade ago, and it was the most massive nostalgic attack I had ever experienced. Kojima knows his fans. Well.)
raharu
raharu
Administrator, Chief Editor
Administrator, Chief Editor

http://www.raharush.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TickleMeBender77 Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh boy...where do I even start?

Well, for starters, how about some Sonic CD music (all from the U.S. soundtrack)?

Alright, I guess I throw some in from the JP/EU soundtrack:

Seriously, Sonic CD has a kick-ass soundtrack, regardless of which soundtrack you're listening to! Very Happy
TickleMeBender77
TickleMeBender77
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post  JojoMon91CombustableEngie Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 pm

DaPresident91 wrote:Oh boy...where do I even start?

Well, for starters, how about some Sonic CD music (all from the U.S. soundtrack)?

Alright, I guess I throw some in from the JP/EU soundtrack:

Seriously, Sonic CD has a kick-ass soundtrack, regardless of which soundtrack you're listening to! Very Happy
I shall agree with you on how Sonic CD's music was indeed kick-ass.

Speaking of Sonic, here are some that I liked over the years

What is your favorite videogame music? 616px-ASR_Big

My favorite out of the themes since I enjoyed the character Big the Cat and his theme song. I know alot of people don't like him, but trust me, I enjoyed him since when he debuted and felt that this song completes my life. That and he was originally voiced by Jon St John, the guy who played DUKE NUKEM!

The upbeat tempo used in Marble Zone was indeed where the Genesis struck pure Platnium. The music was indeed composed by Michael Jackson (even though he was credited somewhat). The beat and the composition are just amazing because of how it follows at first a slow and yet easy beat and then goes into a nice orchestral like soundtrack. It was indeed why Sonic 3 is a great game (even though I haven't beaten it yet).

Ah yes, Chemical Zone, the zone that had upbeat music and a difficulty that can INDEED drive most people crazy. The fact taht this zone is in the upcoming Sonic Generations game will be even more awesomer. Smile

OH FREAKIN YES. This song is the one that started making me like the Sonic Series for what it was during this time. Though I played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, I still love this song for how the guy who sang it makes this an instant classic and a perfect way to introduce Sonic into the next gen gaming.

What makes this better is there is a remix! Very Happy

Alrighty then, more shall come soon! But keep posting more of your favorite music from your favorite videogames! Very Happy
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  TickleMeBender77 Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:07 pm

And now for some MOTHER 2/EarthBound music!

Those are my favorite tunes from the entire game.
TickleMeBender77
TickleMeBender77
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfin Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:33 am

I'm going to be a typical Final Fantasy fanboy and post something from ff7

Chocobo Theme!!! =D

I can't believe no one has posted this.

Loved this song. It gives me chills everytime I hear it. I'm afraid the series might never come back because assassins creed has taken over the parkour scene. But it was a great song and made the game more epic.

And Sanctuary from kh2.

Wulfin
Wulfin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down